Our Full-Service B2B Marketing Program Delivers Sales-Ready Leads Click to Learn More!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECommerceTimes.com
Four Keys to Generating 7 Figure Sales on WooCommerce

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: SalentOS Switchers Will Have No Regrets

Re: SalentOS Switchers Will Have No Regrets
Posted by TheDamir on 2017-12-29 09:47:25
In reply to Jack M. Germain
I can so confirm all of the above, SalentOS is wonderful! Coming from a slow learner, sort-of eternal newbie (meaning no terminal use yet, except if basically copy-pasted from a web-source) and finally installed more than one distro on a soon-to-be-quite-old machine (4GB/CeleronDuo 1.6GHz, Asus). Linux Mint was on here, 5 years ago -after a year or two the sw-manager stopped responding. Lubuntu quite ok for 2-3 years, hard-disk failure, ofc not lubuntu's fault but wanted to try something else. MX on an old thinkpad quite ok, but what else is there...and after months (I do go to work and have a family) finally got around to MX (just appreciate it) antix (oh so fast but no support..?), Bodhi (ok...), and SalentOS -and I just got stuck, literally because of the smile it puts on your face. Just using browser, simple games and the office stuff, hope to install skype later in the evening. Planning to learn a lot more finally and then get back to the developers, since I speak Italian, just to thank them, maybe donate some, probably in the form of translations. My first post to any linux forum. Have a nice New Year.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: SalentOS Switchers Will Have No Regrets  Jack M. Germain  2017-02-07 13:41:18
Re: SalentOS Switchers Will Have No Regrets  TheDamir  2017-12-29 09:47:25
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Rakuten Super Logistics
Which company is most likely to hit the $1 trillion valuation milestone first?
Alphabet/Google
Amazon
Apple
Microsoft
A different company
Rakuten Super Logistics