Hacker-Powered Security for Startups » Get the Free E-Book from HackerOne!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECommerceTimes.com
salesforce commerce cloud

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Chinese Policies Push Some U.S. Tech Companies Out

Re: Chinese Policies Push Some U.S. Tech Companies Out
Posted by ioio on 2004-04-03 05:12:03
In reply to Michelle Kessler
Hey, welcome to the real world USA Corp. !!
Global capitalism is a tough game and the biggest fish eats the smaller fishes. According to the CIA world fact book, USA's population is 290,342,554 and China's population is 1,286,975,468. So big-fish China is over 4.4 times bigger than small-fry USA. That's got greedy USA CEO's rabidly foaming at the mouth thinking of all those consumers they could sell to. The funny thing is that USA corp. thought they could exploit China and make themselves rich. Whilst some may achieve that, many others are learning that China is not the pushover they expected -- it's got teeth, big teeth :)
So while the likes of Intel etc throw their toys out of the pram because they are not willing to make things China wants, others will just take their place and kick Intel etc out of their lucrative market. It's all about control of the specifications and the market. China doesn't want technology they have to pay IP royalties on and that uses USA protocols -- see the issue of China refusing to use CDMA for their cellphone networks. China wants USA companies to start joint ventures where the foreign technology investors are encouraged to share IP. Of course, the foreign tech. investors are untrustworthy of such arrangements, and so China is and will develop more of their own technology. Because China is the biggest fish in the sea of capitalism, they will ultimately control the global market. Watch out USA + others!

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Chinese Policies Push Some U.S. Tech Companies Out  Michelle Kessler  2004-04-03 04:35:56
Re: Chinese Policies Push Some U.S. Tech Companies Out  DulacLancelot  2005-04-24 18:11:53
Re: Chinese Policies Push Some U.S. Tech Companies Out  Andy789  2004-04-07 00:05:29
Re: Chinese Policies Push Some U.S. Tech Companies Out  ioio  2004-04-03 05:12:03
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
salesforce commerce cloud
Does it matter to you if products you purchase are manufactured in another country?
Yes, and I will pay more for a domestically produced product.
Yes, but my shopping decisions won't change anything, so I do what's best for me.
I care, but it's impossible to keep track of where everything is made.
I want the best quality and price, regardless of country of origin.
It depends on the country. Some are OK, some aren't.
It depends on the company. I'll buy from a reputable non-domestic brand.