Find Software and Service Providers on ALL EC Ecommerce Exchange
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECommerceTimes.com

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Cloud Training to Boost Competitive Advantage Strategies

Re: Cloud Training to Boost Competitive Advantage Strategies
Posted by: Jeffrey M. Kaplan 2018-01-23 01:00:11
See Full Story

One of the biggest challenges facing organizations of all sizes trying to move to the cloud is finding and retaining the skilled workers necessary to implement today's rapidly expanding assortment of on-demand services. This skills gap cost companies more than $250 million in lost business opportunities in just one year, according to a recent survey conducted by the London School of Economics. The 2017 study polled 1,900 IT professionals and executives in the U.S., UK, Europe, Mexico, Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong.

Re: Cloud Training to Boost Competitive Advantage Strategies
Posted by: RobertoRomello 2018-02-07 05:15:49 In reply to: Jeffrey M. Kaplan
Nice article. I agree with your point, 'the biggest challenges facing organizations of all sizes trying to move to the cloud is finding and retaining the skilled workers' this is very true as retaining the skilled workers become necessary to maintain uninterrupted production rather than finding and training unskilled workers because, it will take an investment of time, resources and cost. So, the companies of all sizes should look like finding, training and retaining skilled and experienced workers is necessary to meet their future demands. A special thanks and like for your efforts that you made on this article with survey and more details. Best Regards Roberto, Testree
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
If the FAA approved the use of autonomous drones as passenger "air taxis" for short commutes, how interested would you be in riding in them?
Very -- too much of my life is wasted in clogged traffic.
Not interested -- even if they were safe, they would be ridiculously expensive.
I'm looking forward to them -- smart machines will save human lives.
I'm skeptical -- but if they proved reasonably safe, I'd get on board.
I'd use them -- human pilots could take over remotely if necessary.
No way -- I would want a human on board to take over in an emergency.